Working in academia can be hard. Pressure is high and the future is uncertain. This often leads to unhealthy stress levels, doubts or the feeling of not meeting expectations. It can hinder the functioning at work or at home. Personal coaching can be a good way to get insight in causes of problems and to learn how to deal with them.
Our coaching is hands-on and focuses on problems you encounter in the here and now. Typical questions and issues our clients want to work with us on are:
- How do I cope with work pressure?
- Saying no is very hard for me
- How do I manage my boss?
- I do not know how to deal with conflicts
- How do I create a healthy balance between work and family?
- I am working in academia for twenty year, but I doubt whether this is it
- Do I make the right choices?
- My energy levels are going down
- Do I stay in academia, or do I look for opportunities elsewhere?
We offer an efficiënt and effective approach to understanding and solving problems like these. In a maximum of five sessions we first detect the sources of stress. Then we search for the dimension of the solution. Solutions can have a legal or financial nature, but also lay in your feelings or communication. When a potential solution is found, you practice with small behavioural changes in the situations you find challenging.